Sweet Tea Shakespeare’s recently closed 2016-17 season was rich and bold (if you’ll pardon me for sounding like a barbecue sauce label): we laughed with two Lits; cried with Antony and Cleopatra and Othello; sighed with Behold; and marveled at Paradise Lost, Saint Joan, and Cymbeline. But now it’s July. The summer shows have ended. You forlornly fill your mason jar with tea, but it just isn’t the same. What is a Sweet Tea Shakespeare fan to do?
Here are a few suggestions to get you through the between-seasons doldrums:
- Buy season tickets so you’ll be ready as soon as the new season starts.
- Put King Lear on your calendar; invite friends and make dinner plans.
- Get a song and a monologue ready for 2017-18 season auditions.
- Relive the good times with a shirt, hat, or tote bag from BardSale.
- Listen to the playlist from your favorite show on Spotify.
- Start a lemonade stand; donate the proceeds to our Playground fundraiser so that we can make our upcoming seasons even bigger and better.
- Go to Pressed for a Locopop. While you’re there, buy a card for the friend who comes to Sweet Tea shows with you. Write them that you can’t wait to go to another show.
- Go to Blackstone Smokehouse and Pub for some pulled pork, tomato pie, and mac and cheese. That will definitely soothe your soul.
We’ll have a few other suggestions in upcoming blog posts. Hang in there–it won’t be too much longer until we’re together telling stories again.